Oh man, these turkey lettuce wraps are easy and delicious!! They come together in less than 20 minutes and use less than ten ingredients! They are also super healthy, cuz there’s no buns, rolls, or ’tillas! It’s a great way to pack in the veggies, without sacrificing any delicious taste! It can also be used as a fun appeteaser!
Ok all you are going to need is…
1 lb. of ground turkey (or chicken, I can’t eat chicken, which is why I did not use chicken, yes I am weird). 4 cloves of garlic, 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (or you can use powder), 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used coconut aminos!) 4 Tablespoons sesame oil, 1 Tablespoon agave nectar, 1 package of butter lettuce leaves (romaine works too!) shredded carrot, scallions, and hoisin sauce (and sesame seeds if you want!)
When I made these I scarfed them down the second after I snapped this final pic. I couldn’t resist.
Start by chopping up your garlic and ginger…
then start measuring out all your liquids, starting with the soy sauce. I need to use coconut aminos because I am not supposed to have soy :”””( That is me crying a thousand tears, because soy sauce is amazing and I cannot have it. Pouting.
So coconut aminos taste pretty similar, but are sweeter and look lighter than soy sauce.
Then whisk in 2 Tablespoons of the sesame oil and the agave nectar.
Then place the other two Tablespoons of sesame oil into a hot pan. Add the garlic and ginger mixture and saute for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Then add the ground turkey.
Once the meat becomes browned add in the soy mixture.
Wash your leaves and shred those carrots.
Top the lettuce leaves with the a scoop of the meat mixtures (let it cool a little!)
Top with some shredded carrot, chopped scallion, and a drizzle of hoisin, or sriracha, or both!!!!! Hoisin is a nice dark and sweet asian sauce, so you only need a little! S sprinkle of sesame is always good too 🙂
Enjoy!!! See the printable below!!
- 1 lb. of ground turkey (or chicken)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger (or you can use powder)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used coconut aminos!)
- 4 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 package of butter lettuce leaves (romaine works too!)
- shredded carrot
- hoisin sauce
- Chop the garlic and ginger.
- Whisk together the soy sauce, 2 Tb. of the oil, and the agave nectar.
- Heat 2 Tb. of the oil in a large pan.
- Saute the garlic/ginger mixture in the oil for 30 seconds. Add the turkey.
- When turkey is browned, add the soy sauce mixture.
- Remove from heat.
- Top each leaf with a 1/2 cup of the mixture, top with carrots, scallions, and a drizzle of hoisin sauce!
- Enjoy this breadless meal!