Woof, that name is a mouth full, but man these bacon butterscotch oatmeal cookies are deeeelicious.
A few weekends ago when I got back from a weekend without Steve I was brainstorming what sort of sweeet treat I could fix for him. He was to be getting home from a long day of fire fighting school, so I knew he would want a snack. I wanted to make something that was sweet and hearty. I already had cooked bacon in the fridge, so it was kismet.
These babies are super simple to whip up!
Start by softening the butter and preheating the oven to 350. You could also be like me and slightly soften your butter in your preheating oven. You’re not supposed to do this. But sometimes I do it anyway :0
Then combine all the floury ingredients, 1 1/2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Then beat together the 2 sticks of butter, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of regular sugar. Cream them until they are totally combined.
Add in the two eggs and the teaspoon of vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
Combine the wet mixture with the floury stuff. Add in the 1/2 cup chopped, cooked bacon, 1/2 cup butterscotch chips, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, and 2 cups of oats.
Combine and then use a little cookie scoop to scoop out the dough onto the baking pan.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, let cool slightly and enjoy!
- 2 sticks of softened butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cooked, chopped bacon
- 1. Beat together sugars and butter until creamy.
- 2. Beat in the egg and vanilla and whip until fluffy.
- 3. Sift together the flour with the salt and baking powder
- 4. Add the flour mixture into the wet mixture, combine.
- 5. Add in the remaining ingredients and combine.
- 6. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes, enjoy!