BBQ? Blue Cheese Dressing? Steak? YUP! and they’re all wrapped up in a nice healthy lettuce leaf. I was inspired to make these lettuce wraps from ones I had at a local restaurant, Chops and Catch. They don’t serve them anymore and I’ve been missing them!
These were a nice and refreshing Christmas Day Lunch, but you could make them any day of the week! They are super simple because you only have to cook the steak and whip together the dressing! Steak lettuce wraps are da bomb.
Start by dressing up the steak.
I chopped some garlic…you know we’re in the Southwest with this cutting board!
Salt and pepper them steaks and throw the garlic in too. Squirt with some lime juice and they are good to go!
Cover it up and let it sit a bit.
Now work on that BLUE CHEE DRESSING
Yeah, I said blue chee.
It’s only a few ingredients and it comes together in no time!
Mix together the sour cream and mayo…
Looks good right? hahah
Now throw in that blue chee.
That looks better!
Stir together and add garlic powder, a little sugar or honey, and a little red wine vinegar…
Salt and pepper it up good.
You’ve got a dip or dressing you an eat with a spoon! Yeah, it’s dat good.
Ok, now it’s time to cook that steak. I used flank steak, it absorbs flavors really well and is tender and delicious!
Heat a large skillet on high and add a generous helping of butter. cook the steak for about 9 minutes per side, depending on how done you want it! Look at that nice golden brown color, mmmm!
Slice it up nice and thin.
Serve with lettuce cups, butter lettuce works best, but romaine hearts also work. I also put these babies on top…
Set up a little bar of toppings, BBQ sauce, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, fried onions…you could also caramelize onions mmm.
We also had bread available, for those who are lettuce wrap adverse 😛
Hello, my pretty.
Here is the printable!!! I hope you enjoy!! Get creative and sub the steak for other yummies like asian chicken, or even tacos!
- 1 large flank steak (2-3 lbs.)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 8 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon agave syrup or sugar
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- shredded cheese
- barbeque sauce
- fried onions
- butter lettuce leaves
- 1. Salt and pepper the steak, then drizzle with lime juice and sprinkle on garlic. Let rest for 10-30 minutes.
- 2. Whisk together all of the ingredients for the blue cheese dressing, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. Heat butter in a large skillet on high. Add steak and cook for 9 minutes on each side. Steak should be golden brown.
- 4. Let steak rest for 15 minutes. Then cut into thin strips.
- Assemble wraps in lettuce leaf cups! Top with different toppings! Enjoy!
- Romaine leaves can be used instead of butter lettuce!