THIS blondie loves blondies. Brownies are also good, but I’m still working on the perfect recipe. I modified this recipe from Joshua Trent. They are basically like a chocolate chip cookie in brownie form. I worked on cooking up treats all day and these babies will definitely be gone when Steve gets home! Don’t tell the coaches at our gym!
Super easy and cook up relatively quick!
One tip I definitely recommend is lining the pan with parchment paper. Lay down your square pan over a larger sheet of parchment paper. Cut the two cuts at each corner (it will remove a square). The large square sits in the bottom of the pan and the sides cover up the sides of the pan. It’s really easy to grab the parchment paper out when they are done and there is almost no clean up!!!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together 1/4 cup sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup softened butter. Add in 1 egg and 2 tsp. of vanilla.
Then add in 2 cups of flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. The dough will be pretty dry, like cookie dough batter. Then mix in the 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips (I chose semi sweet).
Bake fore 20 minutes, or until slightly golden brown!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1.Beat together the sugars and butter until fluffy.
- 2. Add in egg and vanilla, beat.
- 3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in flour, baking powder, and salt.
- 4. Place in a 9x9 parchment lined pan. Smoosh batter until it is flat.
- 5. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.