Beautiful blueberries mixed with quinoa and vanilla, so good! I have been experimenting a lot with different grains as breakfast cereals and this one is a winner! This quinoa can be served hot or cold, although I prefer it to be served hot.
You can see me in the spoon!
The best thing is that you can make a big batch of the stuff and eat it a few days during the week! I get this yumminess all to my self because Steve won’t touch Quinoa. He doesn’t like couscous either, something about the little tiny bead like things.
You could totally switch up this recipe and make it “Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Bowl” or “Pumpkin Spice Quinoa Breakfast Bowl” Try different combinations of flavor and fruit!
I hope you enjoy this on one of these cold mornings!
- 2 cups whole milk (or almond, soy, coconut, or skim!)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa (cooked with 1 teaspoon of salt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 Tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions, adding in a teaspoon of salt.
- 2. Heat the milk in a small saucepan. Add the vanilla, sweetener, and quinoa. Cook for a few minutes, until the quinoa is warmed through.
- 3. Place the hot cereal in two bowls. Top with fresh blueberries and serve right away!
- It can also be served cold!