MMM, breakfast burritos. There’s just something about wrapping up all of the goodness of breakfast in a tortilla and jammin’ it in your mouth. They are also so versatile! Fill it with anything and you’ve got a quick breakfast on the go. Also, they freeze easily. Also, they are good.
These ones are super simple to whip up! Just scramble a few eggs together and top with crumbled bacon, shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack blend and some…chipotle peppers!
I just took canned chipotles and chopped up one large one for this recipe. I added in about 1/2 a teaspoon of the adobo sauce that it is canned in too! Nice and smoky!
BTW, ever baked bacon? It’s THE BEST way to cook up those yummy strips. No splatters on your counter and no pan to scrub! Just line a baking sheet with tin foil, top with a cooling rack and cover with bacon. You can bake it 400 and it only takes about 10 minutes! No flipping! It’s a beautiful thing!
- 4 eggs
- 2 medium sized tortillas
- 4 slices of bacon, crumbled
- 1 chipotle pepper chopped with 1/2 teaspoon of adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar/monterey jack blend
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in a pan. Scramble the four eggs until cooked through.
- Top each tortilla with half of the egg mixture. Split the bacon, cheese, and chipotle pepper between the two tortillas. Roll and Enjoy!
- Freeze for up to 3 months!