Dutch Baby, German Pancake, David Eyre Pancake…this delicious breakfast delicacy has many names, but it’s super simple. Eggs. Milk. Flour. Sugar. Boom. It’s one of the easiest breakfasts to make and is filling and satisfying. You can make it sweet or savory. It’s basically a big thick crepe, meets a souffle. It’s super easy to make gluten free, if that’s your thing.
Start by beating up those eggs with the milk. Get it real thick and creamy.
Then add some vanilla, if you’re making it sweet.
Now stir it in with the flour.
While all this is happening, heat up the oven and throw your iron skillet with a bunch of butter in it, into the oven.
Now I added a little cinnamon, sugar, and a bit of salt.
As soon as the butter melts in the skillet, dump in the batter.
Bake it for about 10 minutes…
Then bang, fluffy goodness explodes in your oven.
Slice it up like a pie and serve with powdered sugar, or anything you want. Blueberry sauce is super good. You can do pretty much anything you want with this recipe.
Then give it to the hungry people in your house 🙂
They’ll be happy.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 TB. butter
- apples, cinnamon, blueberries, raspberries
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Beat the eggs and milk together until smooth.
- Add the flour, sugar, vanilla and mix until there aren't any lumps, do not over mix.
- Place a skillet in the oven with the butter while it heats.
- When butter is melted, pour the batter into the skillet. Bake for about 15 minutes until fluffy and not jiggly.
- Enjoy with powdered sugar!