Now that I can eat wheat again, I have gone on a bit of a wheat binge. Pizza, Dutch Baby, Gnocchi, and of course, Homemade Pasta. It’s something that I am continually working on, but it always comes out tasty and delicious. Homemade pasta is forever different than box pasta and goes perfectly with any sauce. YUM. It’s worth the werk.
Start off by making a mound of your flour with a well in the middle.
Eep. Now come the eggies. You need a lot of them. Good thing I’ve got the chickens pumping them out everyday.
Start mixin’ em into the flour. I like to use my hands. It gets pretty messy.
Then it will start to look like this…
Now it’s time for kneading. You really have to knead this stuff good. The more you knead, the chewier the pasta will be! It starts off like this..
But should end up looking like a smooth elastic ball…like this…
Now you can roll it out into any shape you like! Split up into two or three balls and knead some more. You can also refrigerate it for a day or more! More posts about sauce to come!
- 3 1/2 cups of flour
- 6-8 eggs depending on the size
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Make a well in the flour on a clean surface.
- Crack the eggs into the well and sprinkle on a little salt and olive oil.
- Begin mixing the eggs into the flour with your hands until it is combined.
- Knead that dough until it is like a smooth elastic ball,