Oh lawdy these are good. Why do the margarita mixes that come in those little cardboard cans in the freezer section taste so delicious? I love them, but don’t love all of the extra stuff that they put in them, like corn syrup and thickeners. So I was determined to figure out a way to make them from scratch at home!
The secret to these perfectly smooth margaritas is mixing up all of the freshly squeezed juice (except for the pomegranate, who would have time for that?!?!?!) with a little water and agave syrup, and say what?, freezing!
Once it is frozen cut it up in chunks, place it in the blender with the booze and blend to perfectly smooth frozen margaritas, that taste super fresh! (Cuz they are!)
The best part is you can do all of the squeezing ahead of time and blend right before you are ready! No wasting time in the kitchen while your party guests are waiting for this delicious beverage!
Start by squeezing those juices! I used a cup of cara cara orange juice (in season right now), 1/2 cup of lime juice, and a cup of pomegranate juice!
Mix with water and agave syrup in a casserole dish. Cover with a little plastic wrap and freeze!
It should be totally frozen after about 5 hours.
Cut it up in chunks. Or you could be smarter than me, and freeze it in muffin tins or ice cube trays so you don’t have to cut it up!
Pop into the blender with 1 cup of tequila and 1/3 cup triple sec.
Blend and serve!
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/3 cup triple sec
- Combine the juices with water and agave syrup. Pour into a casserole dish or muffin tins, or ice cube trays. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 5 hours.
- Place chunks of the frozen juice into the blender, add tequila and triple sec. Blend until totally smooth.
- Serve in glasses with sugar or salted rims!