Maple Bacon Ice Cream sounds insane and like how is it even possible? But, it’s ridiculously good, and making candied bacon is the secret!
I got the base of this no churn ice cream from The Baking Fairy’s Moo-llenium Crunch Ice Cream Recipe. It is incredibly simple (how many adverbs can I use in one post?).
You do have to wait a long time for it to be ready, BUT you don’t have to listen to the ice cream maker whirring and it is super consistent. Also you can just pop it in the freezer and forget about it until you are ready to serve. It’s CRAZY hard to wait though when you have an insane maple bacon ice cream craving and you need it like right away, which is something that regularly happens in our household.
- 1/2 lb. of bacon
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 pint of heavy cream
- 1 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. of maple extract
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Coat both sides of each slice of bacon with the brown sugar.
- Bake on a cooling rack, over a baking pan for about 15-20 minutes, until they are caramelized and firm.
- Let the bacon cool.
- Whip the cream until it forms sturdy peaks, be careful not to whip for too long (it will become butter).
- Whisk in the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and maple extract.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and place in the freezer.
- Chop the candied bacon and sprinkle over the top of the ice cream. Freeze for about 6 hours (make sure it is nice and firm!) , drizzle with the maple syrup and serve!