Mini corn dogs are so cute. Why do I have to love corn dogs so much? I feel guilty about how much I love them.
When you make them mini you’re not allowed to feel as bad about them right?
These are super easy to make! I froze all of the leftovers and the reheat SO well! Just bake them at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes! Now they are in my freezer and I can eat them whenever…YIKES!
- 3/4 cup of cornmeal
- 3/4 cup of unbleached flour
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 salt
- 1 egg beaten
- about 1 cup of buttermilk (replace buttermilk with milk and a teaspoon of vinegar)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 9 hot dogs, cut in half (18 mini dogs)
- 18 popsicle sticks or lollipop sticks
- vegetable oil for frying
- Mix together the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together the wet ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients while mixing. Mix until all of the ingredients have completely combined.
- Pour the batter into the tall and slightly narrow glass.
- Skewer each hot dog with a stick.
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven until it reaches 350 degrees.
- Dip a hot dog into the batter and completely coat, remove it from the glass and swirl to remove any excess batter.
- Place the corn dog in the hot oil, holding the stick. Gently swirl as it is cooking, so that all of the sides are cooked evenly. Cook for about three minutes so that all of the insides are completely cooked.
- Place on a paper towel to drain.
- Can easily be frozen and then reheated in a 400 degree oven for about 15 minutes!