Valentine’s Day, some love it, some hate it. Either way it gives you a great excuse to stuff your face with chocolate, strawberries, and some pretty decadent meals. This CROISSANT french toast bake is unreal. Yeah, I said CROISSANT! Stuff some leftover croissants with Nutella and Cream Cheese and your are in french toast heaven! I also cut out some heart shapes from the croissants to decorate the top! So cute!
This french toast bake is super easy to make, too. Just toss it all together, wrap it up, and bake it first thing in the morning. Your hubby, wifey, mother, brother, father, son, daughter, best friend will absolutely love waking up to this deliciousness!
- 8 large croissants, sliced in half (sandwich style) and then in half again
- 1 8 oz. package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of Nutella hazelnut spread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup sugar, plus 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- Combine the cream cheese and Nutella in a bowl until totally combined. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mixture in between each croissant half.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, melted butter, and 1/4 cup of sugar, and cocoa powder in a bowl.
- Grease a baking dish with butter. Place the stuffed croissants in one layer in the dish. Pour the egg mixture over the top of the croissants. The egg mixture will sit about halfway up the croissant sandwiches. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate for 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Use a spoon to spoon some of the egg mixture that may have pooled at the bottom onto the top of the croissants again.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 30-40 minutes until the egg mixture is cooked and the croissants are golden and fluffy.
- Toss the strawberries with the Tablespoon of sugar and spread over the french toast. Drizzle with more Nutella and serve!