Love me my pepperoni!! When your last name rhymes with something does that mean you have to like it? I don’t really like bologna that much, but I do love pepperoni, and macaroni. Hmmmm…boarding the crazy train!
Back to the pepperoni, I like using nitrate free pepperoni when I can get it. All the preservatives usually mess with me pretty good, and I like to avoid them if I can. Using fresh dough for this pepperoni stromboli is ideal too, but it doesn’t always happen! You can definitely buy store bought dough for this recipe too!
Start off with some dough! My recipe for it is in the link!
You need a nice sized ball of dough. Roll it out into a nice pretty thinnish sheet.
Then top with mozzarella cheese and a nice thick layer of pepperoni!
Now take one edge of the dough and start to roll it over the filling. You have to hold it kinda tightly to make sure the fillings don’t essplode everywheres.
Brush the edge with some egg wash and crimp it onto the rest of the dough. flip it over so the crimped side is touching the pan.
Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about 25-30 minutes until it is nice and golden brown. If you tap it with your hand, it should sound hollow. Dip in sauce if you wish and munch away!!
- 2 balls of fresh dough
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 package shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 package of pepperoni slices
- 1 egg white
- Thoroughly grease opposite side of a baking sheet with the olive oil.
- Roll out one ball of the dough into a rectangular thinnish sheet.
- Top the sheet with half of the mozzarella cheese, leaving a 1/2 inch edge around the entire sheet of dough. Then top with a layer of pepperoni.
- Begin rolling from the long edge of the rectangle. Roll tightly. Brush the edge with the egg white and crimp together.
- Flip the loaf upside down and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Enjoy!