This restaurant style salsa tastes just like the fresh salsa you get at your favorite authentic Mexican restaurant. The secret? Canned tomatoes! I like the italian kind that come in a carton rather than a can! They are super fresh tasting! The whole salsa is only a few ingredients and it comes together so quickly! It’s perfect for a quick party appetizer!
All you need is a container of diced tomatoes, roughly chopped onion, 4 cloves of garlic, the juice of 1 lime. a large bunch of cilantro and a Tablespoon of salt!
If you want it spicy, just add half of a jalapeno, with the seeds and ribs removed!
Blend it all together in your food processor or blender.
And you’ve got homemade salsa!
It’s best if you let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour. This way all of the flavors will blend together and really get to know each other. 😛
It will keep in the fridge for 1-2 weeks!
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- juice of 1 lime
- 26 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 bunch of cilantro, stems removed
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Toss all of the ingredients into a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour to let the flavors blend!
- Dig in! Perfect with chips or on top of tacos!