Ahh, Greece. Steve and I reminisce about it daily. We honeymooned there 2 1/2 years ago and completely fell in love with it! I know that sounds cliche, like who wouldn’t fall in love with the beautiful Greek Islands, but it’s the truth, so I’m sayin’ it!
We absolutely loved breakfast there. Everything was so fresh! One of my favorite omelets was a spinach, feta, and Kalamata olive creation. There’s just something about its salty and vinegariness that tastes so amazing mixed in with eggs!
I decided to recreate this breakfast in an easy and freezer friendly breakfast wrap. This wrap can be whipped up so easily. It’s easy to make it healthy by using a whole grain wrap! If you are in to low-fat cheese (I’m not because they usually just replace the fat with sugar) you can also buy low-fat feta.
I just banged together my scrambled egg recipe and tossed in some spinach at the last minute. Then topped it with feta cheese and chopped Kalamata olives and wrapped it all up! I hope you enjoy!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 4 chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter, diced
- 1 tortilla (white or whole wheat)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Heat a small saute pan to medium heat. Add 1/2 of a tablespoon of butter to the pan. Let the butter melt and swirl it to coat the pan.
- 2. Scramble the eggs in a small bowl. Add in the rest of the butter chunks and salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Let the eggs cook for a moment and then gently push them with a spatula to allow the raw egg to cook in the pan.
- 3.Just before the eggs are cooked, add in the spinach and combine until the spinach and egg are cooked.Remove the eggs from the heat and lay them over the tortilla. Top the eggs with the feta cheese crumbles and chopped Kalamata olives.
- 4. Wrap together and serve! It may also be frozen and reheated!