I sure am a sucker for coconut curries. They are so savory, spicy, and comforting. I made this curry with fresh fish, but you could substitute chicken, shrimp, or just more vegetables! It’s a quick and easy meal for any week night!
Here are the ingredients I used, but you can sub any veggies you want, like red pepper, green beans, or broccoli! Also, I like to serve this curry with rice, but you can also just eat it as is!
1/2 lb. of fish, shrimp, or chicken, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, 4 cloves of garlic, 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger, 1 onion, 1/4 cup scallions, 2 cups of bok choy, 1 Tablespoon sesame oil, 2 cups of vegetable broth, 1 cup of light coconut milk, and 2 Tablespoon red curry paste (can find in most Asian sections of the grocery store)
Start by chopping up all of the veggies. Slice up the scallions nice and thinly.
And the DJ baby bok choy!
Once you’ve got everything chopped up add some salt and pepper to your protein, in this case a nice white fish!
Add some olive oil to the pan and get it nice and hot.
Add the fish to the pan and let it sear on that side. Make sure to not move it for at least 4 minutes! Otherwise it will fall apart and be a hot mess!
Then flip it over, cook on the other side and remove from the pan.
Add the onion, garlic, ginger, and bok choy to the hot pan with the sesame oil!
Add in the red curry paste…
The broth, I used a porcini mushroom broth, and it was soooo good!!! Regular veggie broth works too!
And the coconut milk…
Reintroduce the fish and let it get to know the sauce a little. Serve over rice and DIG IN!
- 1/2 lb. of fish, shrimp, or chicken
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1 onion
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup scallions
- 2 cups of bok choy
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 cup of light coconut milk
- 2 Tablespoons red curry paste
- Heat olive oil in a large pan.
- Salt and pepper your protein.
- Add the protein to the pan and cook until seared on both sides. Remove from the pan.
- Add sliced onion, chopped garlic, and chopped ginger to the pan with the sesame oil. Saute until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, vegetable broth, coconut milk, and red curry paste. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the protein back to the sauce. Cook for another minute.
- Serve over rice!