Always wondering what to do with that left over turkey? It’s so darn good as a sandwich, but I am always looking for new ways to serve it. Today at our Thanksgiving cooking class we made some ground turkey instead of using leftover turkey bird. So this recipe shows you how to do that too if you’ve got Thanksgiving cravings and it’s not Thanksgivin’!
And Cranberry Orange Relish, mmmmm, so simple and soooo gooooood.
To make the turkey filling start by choppin’ some onions and celery.
Heat some olive oil and butter in a heavy bottomed pan.
Add the celery, onions, and spiceys… let them cook together and get to know each other.
Add the ground turkey and stir it around real good.
Then start fillin’ those lettuce leaves.
Just add the filling, a little stuffing, some cranberry relish, and a little cheese (brie is sooooo gooood) and you’ve got it made!
- • 1 lb. ground turkey
- • 2 tablespoons oil
- • 1 stalk celery
- • 2 tsp garlic powder
- • 1 large onion
- • 2-3 sage leaves (or 1 tsp dried sage powder)
- • salt and pepper
- Dice celery and onions.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet, sauté the celery and onions until they are soft.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, and chopped sage. Then add turkey. Cook turkey until it is slightly browned and no longer pink.
- Assemble the Wraps
- • lettuce leaves, cranberry relish, and stuffing
- • sliced brie or shredded cheddar
- Fill each lettuce leaf with turkey mixture. Then top with cranberry relish, stuffing, and cheese. Enjoy!
- Use leftover turkey instead of ground turkey!