I’m really surprised I have not put my guacamole recipe on here sooner! I probably make it about once a week and for every party we host or attend! It’s always a big hit at anything our CrossFit box does, since it’s Paleo and delicious! I keep thinking they will get sick of it, but it’s always gone in a flash! Steve loves it too, even though I wouldn’t call him a guacamole fanatic.
I don’t add a lot of extras to this guacamole recipe. It is very simple and is super easy to throw together for a party. You just need to make sure you have perfectly ripe avocados, onions, garlic, FRESH cilantro, and limes (salt, too, of course!)
Perfectly ripe avocados can be hard to come by. I find the ones at Whole Foods are always nicely ripe. They aren’t hard bricks like some grocery stores. If you want to preserve their perfect ripeness, just put them in the refrigerator! If you need to get them ripe a little quicker, just place them in a paper bag (it also helps to throw a banana in there). Close up the bag and let it sit at room temperature for a day or so. Unfortunately there’s not quick and easy way to ripen them, but the paper bag definitely speeds it up!
- 8 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- about 2 teaspoons of salt
- Dice the avocados and scoop them out of their skin.
- Toss the avocados with the lime juice, this will help them from turning brown while you are preparing the dip.
- Add the chopped onions, garlic, cilantro, and salt to the bowl.
- Mash all of the ingredients together using a potato masher or other tool. Leave some chunks behind 🙂
- Taste and add more salt if needed!
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! If you are waiting to serve, place plastic wrap directly over the guacamole, so that it is touching the dip and covering it completely, so as to not let any air touch the avocados!