Hey girl, hey. Spring Rolls are where it’s at. For the longest time I thought spring rolls were gluten free. But guess what, they’re not. First ingredient in them…WHEAT! Whoops. I always thought they were made out of rice paper. Also it turns out they are pretty hard to find. You can find them in Asian Food Stores in the frozen section!
You can make any filling you want. I chose chopped carrots, bok choy, shitake mushrooms, scallions, and cooked vermicelli rice noodles.
Heat a deep and heavy bottomed pot of oil to about 365 degrees. Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with Sweet chili sauce and dig in! They also freeze great! Just bake at 400 until re-crisped!
- Package of 25 spring rolls wrappers
- 2 large carrots finely chopped
- 2 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 cup chopped shitake mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked vermicelli noodles
- Oil for frying
- Combine the vegetables, noodles, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Place a spring roll wrapper out on a clean surface. Place the point towards you. Place a 1/4 cup of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Fold the bottom corner over the top of the filling fold in each side and roll. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Heat the oil to 365 degrees and fry the spring rolls in batches Cook until golden brown, around two minutes per side.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce!