Gingerbread cookies, gingerbread loaf, gingerbread waffles, gingerbread muffins! There are so many gingerbread possibilities!!!
I love gingerbread during the holiday season! I have been trying it out in so many different breakfast dishes! Check out About.com for even more gingerbread delights!
Gingerbread oatmeal is so easy to make. It only takes a little spice and some molasses to make boring old oatmeal full of holiday cheer!
I think my husband will be pretty sick of gingerbread by the time the New Year rolls around!
Here’s the super simple recipe!
- 1 3/4 cups of milk
- 1 cup of oats (old fashioned)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- nuts for topping
- Start by heating the milk in a medium saucepan.
- Heat until just about a boil.
- Add in the oats and stir to combine.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and turn the heat to low.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for about five minutes, or until the oats have absorbed most of the milk.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
- Top with nuts or candied ginger for extra spice!