CHEEESE! In ball form, covered in bacon, and served on top of buttery crackers=best party food ever. It can be made in one bowl and is only 5 ingredients! It is so easy to whip together before a party! It looks elegant and it tastes delicious! The key is adding in a little bit of jam. I like to use fig or apricot, but any jam will do! The sweetness really compliments the smokiness of the bacon and cuts the acidity of the cream cheese!
We make this appetizer for holiday parties, quick apps for dinners at our house, or to bring over to a friend’s place. You can mix it up by adding in nuts, jalapeños, or different kinds of cheese!
Oven cook the bacon to perfection and chop it up and set aside.
Check out how to make this bacon perfect, here!
Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature and mix it with chopped scallions, cheddar cheese, and the jam! Form it into a ball, roll it in the chopped bacon, and you’ve got a cheeseball.
- 1 package of softened cream cheese
- 3 scallions,washed and chopped finely
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 Tablespoon fig jam (or apricot)
- 5 slices of bacon
- 1/4 cup diced jalapenos for the spicy version!
- 1. Make sure the cream cheese has been nicely softened. I leave it out on the counter for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Finely chop the scallions and add them and the cheddar cheese, and fig jam to the cream cheese in a nice-sized bowl. Use a spatula to stir and completely combine the mixture. Make sure the fig jam gets evenly distributed throughout the cream cheese. If you are adding jalapenos, also add them now!
- 3.Form the cheese into a large ball using slightly wet hands. Leave it to rest in the bowl, or place covered in the refrigerator.Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cook the bacon on a cooling rack over a cookie sheet, until crisp. Or use precooked bacon.
- 4.Chop the bacon finely. Let it cool slightly. Roll the cheese ball in the chopped bacon. Place on a serving tray and surround with butter crackers, or any cracker of your choice!