I know it’s summer, but it’s super rainy here today and is the perfect weather for this creamy four cheese spaghetti. It’s garlicky, warm, comforting and super easy to make!
It’s kind of like a grown up macaroni and cheese. Not that I am too grown up for macaroni and cheese cuz there are currently five boxes of Annie’s sitting neatly in my pantry. But sometimes it is nice to get a little fancy and add garlic and multiple cheeses.
The cream cheese makes it super creamy. I like to add a little bit of pasta water in order to get it to the perfect consistency. This could feed four people, but it will mostly feed 2 people in most normal households.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 oz. of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz. cooked spaghetti, reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta water
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped Italian parsley
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- While on low heat, stir in the cream cheese, Romano, parmesan, and asiago cheese. Then whisk in the heavy cream and the reserved pasta water.
- Season with salt and pepper and combine with the cooked spaghetti. Cook for another two minutes until some of the sauce has been absorbed into the pasta. Toss with the parsley and serve!
Leave a Reply